[Dovecot] Dismal Dovecot log messages

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 25 01:38:41 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 09:38 -0500, Bob Gustafson wrote:
>     dovecot: IMAP(bobgus): Corrupted index cache
> file /home/bobgus/Maildir/.INBOX.Cron-normal/dovecot.index.cache:
> invalid record size: 8 Time(s)
>     dovecot: IMAP(bobgus): Corrupted index cache
> file /home/bobgus/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: invalid record size: 3
> Time(s)

I suppose this is with ext3 filesystem? I can't really think of how
these can still happen with post-v1.0 releases. I haven't managed to
cause them for a long time now.

In any case they should be invisible to users (as long as Dovecot
actually catches the corruption instead of returning corrupted data to
clients).

>     dovecot: IMAP(bobgus): Effective uid=504, gid=504,
> home=/home/bobgus: 119 Time(s)
>     dovecot: IMAP(bobgus): maildir: root exists
> (/home/bobgus/Maildir):
> 119 Time(s)
>     dovecot: IMAP(bobgus): maildir: root=/home/bobgus/Maildir,
> index=/home/bobgus/Maildir, control=, inbox=: 119 Time(s)

As for these, turn off mail_debug :)