[Dovecot] Log file name too with mail_log

"Fábio M. Catunda" catunda at contactnet.com.br
Sun Sep 30 19:12:45 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen escreveu:
> Having file=1190916950.P15981Q38M976125.mydomain.com logged would be
> possible, but I don't really like adding maildir-specific features
> there..
>
> Why do you even want it? The filename is going to be different in the
> destination mailbox anyway (unless maildir_copy_preserve_filename=yes)
> and it's pretty easy to find out in the source mailbox with the UID:
>
> grep '^101\b' dovecot-uidlist

Ok, I give up.

That's right, filenames will change all the time.
Johannes warned me about flags in filenames too, so, it looks like a
waist of time to log filenames.

I think I'm done with my copy-log job, it already log only when a
message is copied with FROM folder, TO folder and UID, thats enough to
start writing a external app that read the log and process everything.

Thanks for the help everybody!

[]'s, FMC!