[Dovecot] plugin problem

"Fábio M. Catunda" catunda at contactnet.com.br
Sat Sep 29 18:52:42 EEST 2007

Lars Stavholm escreveu:
> Let's try to keep this on the list, shall we.

Sorry, my TB dont like the reply-to header.
> Have a look at Johannes Berg's reply above: the Maildir format
> would have a file for each mail message, other formats would not.

Well, some plugins only works with Maildir, mine will be another one of
those.
>> My idea is based on the following:
>> Q: Scalability: And if a user moves 400 messages to Spam folder at once?
>> A: Well, its not a problem to write 400 lines into a file, then the
>> external program will control how much resources dspam can use to
>> classify all those messages.
>>

> Sounds OK, not really a problem.

Thats the question, this is not a problem if you right it to a file, but
if you decide to classify the message instantly it will become a problem.
The base idea of dpam_plugin (at least what I have read from the wiki
page) is to classify messages at night with a cron job, but it might be
a problem (my mail server is realy busy at night, spammers love to work
late).

>> Q: Why not a FIFO:
>> A: In case of a crash I need to classify all messages anyway, so, a FIFO
>> is not a good idea here. (I think so)
>>

> Didn't quite understand the reasoning there,
> but never mind, it's just me:)

If you create a FIFO for communication and you have a crash all messages
that are queued get lost, with a file it wouldn't happen!
> * Move message out of Spam: it's a ham that should be reclassified.

And if the user just wants to delete all spam messages without shift+del?
Those messages will be moved to trash and will be reclassified as ham?
Maybe this is a problem!

Anyway, I will try to do some tricks, unfortunately my C skills are
close to zero! lol

Thankz!

FMC!

!DSPAM:46fe746d122631113417023!