[Dovecot] filtering when mail is moved to IMAP Inbox

Rahul Amaram amaramrahul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:12:56 EEST 2007

Hi,
I have been looking for a solution to this problem for quite sometime but
just haven't got any. This is how my current set up is.

I have a IMAP Server installed on my home server. It has various folders. I
have configured Thunderbird in my laptop to connect to the IMAP Server and
access mails.

I have also configured Thunderbird to download mails from my GMail account
using POP3. I have set up a filter in Thunderbird to move all my mails which
come to my Local Folders "Inbox" to my IMAP Server's Inbox.

Now here is my question - Is it possible to set up some rules in the IMAP
Server (maybe sieve) so that I can filter the messages coming to its Inbox
and move them to another folder?

The whole idea is that I have control over when I want to fetch mails from
my GMail account but at the same time the filtering rules for moving to
custom folders should be stored on the server so that i do not replicate
this in every client.

Regards,
Rahul.

--