[Dovecot] Moving email from a folder to another using IMAP is very slow (sometimes)

Stefano Scalise s.scalise at tno.it
Wed Sep 26 13:00:04 EEST 2007

Hi to all,

I am using the new beta release 1.1.

I am experiencing, after the upgrade to the 1.1beta some problems regarding
the following scenario:

I am conneted with Outlook to dovecot server using IMAP. I have many folders
and I want to move an email from a folder to another using drag and drop. I
see that when I move the email, the IMAP process goes to 90-95% for about 5
seconds and after, the mail is finally moved. I noticed that this operation
sometimes (20% about) is again fast. There is no problem of overload of the
server because this mail server, at the moment, manage just 1 email address.

Before the upgrade to 1.1beta, this operation was very very fast.

Is there a way to try to debug the IMAP process for understanding what is
happening?

Thank you for your help.
Stefano.