[Dovecot] dovecot with virtual and local users?

Patrick Winnertz winnie at der-winnie.de
Sun Sep 23 14:55:23 EEST 2007

Hello,

I googled for a while in order to find a solution to make dovecot work with
local and virtual users.
My Mailserver setup looks like the following:

virtual users are stored in a mysql database, and having their Mailbox
here:

/srv/mail/$domain/$uid/

Local users have a Maildir folder in their home directory.

The only point i found in the web concerning this issue is this post here:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-November/017478.html

but I failed to understand the user_query. Can somebody who has such a
setup running, or know how such a setup will work give me an advice, or a
good point to read?

Greetings
Patrick

ps: Please cc me, I'm not subscribed.