[Dovecot] Wrong size calculating with maildirquota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 22 15:26:31 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 15:26 +0300, Umut Arus wrote:
> namespace private {
>
>   separator = /
>
>   prefix =
>
>   inbox = yes
>
>   location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/no-quotas/index/%u:CONTROL=/var/no-quotas/control/%u
>
> }
>
> namespace private {
>
>   separator = /
>
>   prefix = mail/
>
>   #hidden = yes
>
>   location = maildir:~/Maildir/.mail:INDEX=/var/no-quotas/index/%u:CONTROL=/var/no-quotas/control/%u
>
> }

This configuration looks pretty weird. Are you sure you need two
maildirs in two different namespaces? Also this configuration means that
the second namespace's INBOX shows up in the first namespace as "mail"
mailbox, which I think could confuse quota.

If you just want ~/Maildir as INBOX and all the other mailboxes under
~/Maildir/.mail/ you could use:

namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = mail/
  location = maildir:~/Maildir/.mail:INBOX=~/Maildir:INDEX=...etc..