[Dovecot] documentation for developers

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Sep 20 03:16:22 EEST 2007

Boris Lorbeer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have two questions:
> - Is there a dovecot documentation for developers (apart from the source
>   itself)?

I have not see any significant amount of developer documentation, but I can say
from experience the source code is clear and clean, and very easy to learn.  So
I think a third party could make a fair go at generating documentation (and get
it close to right) without Timo's help.

> - In the site I am concerned with, it happens very often that one mail is
>   delivered to hundreds of recipients. Since almost all of the mailboxes are
>   situated on the same filesystem, the mail is delivered by just saving it
>   once and establishing hardlinks from the mail directories of all the other
>   recipients to this one mail.
>   My question now is: can dovecot's lda "deliver" be configured to deliver mail
>   to more than one recipients and to use the hardlink method just described?

I've seen this request turn up at times.  Have you checked back through the
archives to see if anyone has found a "workable" solution?

My hope is to avoid this sort of thing (at least from mailing lists) with shared
folders, but that's for another time...

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net