[Dovecot] IP based virtual users: stripping login domain?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 17 20:24:11 EEST 2007

On 17.9.2007, at 18.59, Alan Ferrency wrote:

> Curiously, what happens when you specify this:
>
> auth_username_format=%n
> passdb passwd-file {
>   args = username_format=%u /etc/imap.passwd
> }
>
> In my attempt to implement something like this, I didn't find any
> straightforward way to have "username_format=%u" use the original
> username, only the auth_username_format.

auth_username_format changes the username permanently and the
original username isn't found from anywhere anymore.

> Also:
> passdb passwd-file {
>   args = username_format=%u /etc/imap.passwd.%d
> }
>
> Does this provide the full username, or does the %d still truncate
> at the '@'?

I removed the special casing of %d from v1.1. The default is to
always lookup using %u format. So the original behavior of "args = /
etc/imap.%d" must now be done as "args = username_format=%n /etc/imap.
%d". I thought about leaving it, but it was kind of ugly hack and I
wasn't sure if it would break something if I left it.