[Dovecot] v1.1.alpha5 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 15 17:19:37 EEST 2007

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/alpha/dovecot-1.1.alpha5.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/alpha/dovecot-1.1.alpha5.tar.gz.sig

I think we're finally close to v1.1.betas.

 - Fixed "messages_count too large" index errors.
 - deliver was crashing.
 - Saving messages with maildir accessed freed memory, which might have
caused crashes.
 - Index files are now never marked as "corrupted". Instead fsck is run
which preserves as much of the original index as possible. This is
important with dbox at least since index files are the only place where
the latest flag/keyword changes are.

Recent alphas were also modifying process's fd limits. The current
behavior is:

 - If current fd limit is less than login_max_processes_count (imap
+pop3) + max_mail_processes, log a warning at startup:

"fd limit 1024 is lower than what Dovecot can use under full load (more
than 1234). Either grow the limit or change login_max_processes_count
and max_mail_processes settings"

 - Since 1024 is a common default limit, I dropped max_mail_processes
default to 512.

 - Login processes drop their fd limit to the maximum number of fds
needed, plus a few more just in case.