[Dovecot] Proxy problems with 1.0.5 !

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Sep 13 10:28:10 EEST 2007

HenkJan Wolthuis wrote:
> Hi,
>> I am trying to do a staged migration over to dovecot, but having
>> troubles at the first hurdle.  I setup the proxy feature to redirect
>> most of our users back to the current Courier imap/pop server, and
>> it's partly working, but I'm getting
> Maybe your courier server doesn't support some extensions that dovecot
> advertises in its CAPABILITY response, we solved some problems in a
> similar setup by making sure that dovecot sends the same capability as
> courier. (it's configurable in the config file)

No, I already checked that the only capability results are the ones from
Courier (Remember that it's breaking under the Proxy setup, the
capability results come directly from Courier, I don't have banner
capabilities on either)

Also, if you look at the two log files (or what I posted of them), then
they look identical in working and non working cases.  I would hazard a
guess that some line breaks are getting swapped, hence breaking the
length?  I don't have more than a working knowledge of IMAP, but would
that explain why I am getting an error from a valid looking APPEND command?

Ed W