[Dovecot] IMAP: Disconnected: BUG: Unknown internal error (Dovecot 1.0.x)

Robert Tomanek rth23 at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Sep 9 12:56:56 EEST 2007

Hi,

Monday, September 3, 2007, 23:16:07, you wrote:
>  One more piece of info that might (?) be interesting -- I have just
>  run a grep on historical logs and it seems the bug never occured on
>  previous versions of Dovecot I had been running in the past (first
>  it was stock Suse 9.3 Dovecot 0.99.14, then a self-compiled
>  1.0.rc27).

>  The only difference (apart from the actual source code, of course)
>  between 1.0.rc27 and the current 1.0.3 that might play any role are
>  the configure flags:
>  - 1.0.rc27: ./configure --with-pam
>  - 1.0.3   : ./configure --with-ioloop=best --with-ldap --with-sql
>                  --with-mysql --with-pam
>  This resulted in using epoll() for 1.0.3 and poll() for 1.0.rc27;
>  both versions are using dnotify.

 OK, I am now positive this has nothing to do with epoll() vs. poll()
 (which was unlikely anyway but I wanted to test it just in case).

 I have just compiled 1.0.5 with poll() -- which means that its
 config and compilation options are pretty much the same as with the
 previous versions -- and the bug occurs again, just as it did with
 1.0.3/epoll().

 Looking at the backtrace and the code, it seems imap_fetch_deinit()
 is failing.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Tomanek                            mailto:rth23 at poczta.onet.pl