[Dovecot] SSL connections frozen on Dovecot 1.0.0

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 9 06:14:34 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 16:21 +0200, Thibault VINCENT wrote:
> Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> > You could strace imap-login process to see what it's doing while the
> > connection is hanging, and what changes when the handshake starts. Set
> > login_processes_count=1 to make it easier to figure out what imap-login
> > process to strace.
> Thank you Timo, but how can I figure out what imap-login process needs
> to be straced with login_processes_count=1 ?
> Even with this setting, I have about 60 imap-login processes and it's
> impossible to pick the right one (if I was able to login, I could
> actually find it with the PPID of it's child but I can't).
> I've enabled plain IMAP so next time it crashes I'll see if only the SSL
> sessions are affected.

I thought that you'd be running with only a single user testing it. If
you've 60 users logged in at the same time it's pretty difficult to
figure out what's hanging.

You could run another Dovecot instance in a different port and have that
one user use a different port. Then you'd be able to find the login
process more easily (e.g. netstat -lnp). Running another instance is
explained in http://wiki.dovecot.org/RunningDovecot