[Dovecot] Quota bug in deliver?

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Wed Sep 5 22:55:02 EEST 2007

Hi,

I may be wrong, but I suspect a bug in dovecot deliver when using
quotas.

I've put some mails into a mailbox and then reduced the quota, to
have the mailbox be over quota - here's the quota informaiton:
[...]
2 getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
* QUOTA "" (STORAGE 880 5)
2 OK Getquotaroot completed.
[...]

When I have a setup with quotas only in the database, everything
works as expected and deliver denies the message:
Sep  5 21:50:14 ms4 deliver(postfach at email5.former03.local):
msgid=<20070905195014.9D874239C007 at ms4.srv.hoster03.de>: save failed
to INBOX: Quota exceed
ed
Sep  5 21:50:14 ms4 deliver(postfach at email5.former03.local):
msgid=<20070905195014.9D874239C007 at ms4.srv.hoster03.de>: Rejected:
Quota exceeded

When I put a standard quota into the config as follows, the delivery
succeeds (apparently deliver checks the standard quota, while IMAP
correctly checks the quota from the database if it is returned.
Sep  5 21:46:11 ms4 deliver(postfach at email5.former03.local):
msgid=<20070905194611.9FE49239C007 at ms4.srv.hoster03.de>: saved mail
to INBOX

The mailbox is still over quota here, but deliver does not seem to
notice.

== standard quota in the config
plugin {
   quota = maildir:storage=102400:messages=1000
[...]
}

In case I've overlooked something, please let me know. Otherwise let
me know if you need some more information.

Baltasar

_____ FORMER 03 GmbH
_____ www.former03.de
_____ fon 089.322112.0