[Dovecot] securing dovecot proxy connections

WJCarpenter bill-dovecot at carpenter.ORG
Wed Sep 5 22:40:42 EEST 2007

The wiki <http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/Proxy>
page says this: "The connections created to the destination server
can't be TLS/SSL encrypted.".

Hrmm.  Right now, with perdition, I'm forcing the use of STARTTLS on
the internal connections.  I'd just as soon get rid of perdition (to
have one less moving part in my architecture), but I need the secure
connections.

Is there a way to configure dovecot's internal proxy connections to
use STARTTLS or some other SSL/TLS level of security?  (Without a
bunch more research, I don't know what the interaction is between the
real client, the dovecot proxy, and the destination server.)
--
bill-dovecot at carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119