[Dovecot] UIDL format for old UW pop3

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Thu Oct 11 07:11:40 EEST 2007

Hi,

we're trying to migrate from UW imap 2001a-10, which doesn't seem to use the
UIDL format documented in the wiki. It seems to use a 16 character long MD5
hash of something. I've tried configuring Dovecot to do the same but the
value comes out differently.

The main thing that I can see is getting in the way is that the UIDL format
is not documented sufficiently. There is no description of using numbers to
restrict the length of the output, and no documentation of special features
like X or M. Can someone shed some light on these?

--
Regards,
Oliver