[Dovecot] 1.0beta7 still has SEARCH TEXT not search the FROM

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 10 18:04:35 EET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 16:13 +0900, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I just tried out 1.0beta7 and erased all my indexes and with fts and
> fts_squat enabled, and when I SEARCH TEXT in Dovecot, it does *not* find
> messages where the thing I SEARCH for appear only in the From: header.

Does SEARCH TEXT find it if you don't have Squat enabled? What are you
searching from the From: header? The email address? The name? Does it
matter? Are you searching for a word that's MIME-encoded in the From:
header?

> Timo, can you confirm or deny that you still see this behavior?  I did
> clear my indexes before doing it.

Still can't see that:

rm -f ~/Maildir/dovecot*
MAIL=~/Maildir ./imap

x search from iwontbe
* SEARCH 2
x OK Search completed.

x search text iwontbe not from iwontbe
* SEARCH
x OK Search completed.

MAIL=~/Maildir MAIL_PLUGINS=fts,fts_squat FTS=squat ./imap

x search from iwontbe
* SEARCH 2
x OK Search completed.

x search text iwontbe