[Dovecot] Dovecot crashes with malformed Qpopper's mbox

MAEDA, Go maeda-g at secom-sanin.co.jp
Fri May 25 16:09:08 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
>  - Instead of requiring "\n[\r]From ", require "\n[\r]\n[\r]From "
>  - in mbox-save.c make sure that the extra empty line is always added
> (I'm not sure if this already is done, I think it isn't)
>  - preferrably also fix broken mboxes in mbox-sync.c and mbox-save.c: If
> you notice that it doesn't end with two linefeeds, add one or two so it
> does

   At first, I have modified istream-raw-mbox.c and now my Dovecot stops
mistaking the secound "From " line for a message separator.

   But RETRed message contains unnecessary (may be harmful for some pop3
clients) "From " line.

     +OK Dovecot ready.
     user xxxxxxxx
     +OK
     pass xxxxxxxx
     +OK Logged in.
     top 1 0
     +OK
     From xxx at xx.xxxxxxx.xx.xx  Sat Feb 17 19:27:47 2007
         :
         :
         :

   I have thought that save_header_callback() in mbox-save.c should drop
the "From " line but it still left in the message.

   Timo, please give me more advice. What should I do to workaround this?

--
// MAEDA, Go <maeda-g at secom-sanin.co.jp>