[Dovecot] How about a "pipe" plugin?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 24 19:44:17 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 23:02 +0200, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> I have written a plugin so that each time a message is added to a
> specific box, a program is run and the message is piped into it. Note
> that the message is also really added to the box.

I guess I could also say that I've been going to implement something
similar to Dovecot some day as well. Although I was thinking about a bit
more generic event plugin which supported more than just copying. But a
pipe plugin would be a great start towards that. Most people would use
it only for spam/ham learning anyway.

>    pipe = /var/learn/%u/.spam:spamc -d some.host -L spam
>    pipe2 = /var/learn/%u/.ham:spamc -d some.host -L ham

I think using mailbox names would be better than paths, but I know that
v1.0's code base doesn't really make this possible. Perhaps with v1.1
then switch to using mailbox names.