[Dovecot] Simple questions about Quota

Venilton Junior venilton.junior at sercompe.com.br
Thu May 24 15:31:09 EEST 2007

Hi folks, hope that get some help for some doubts :P

I've configured dovecot in a clustered environment 3 X HP Proliant
DL380+RHEL ES 4.0+EVA4000+GFS.

Everything is working great.

But, when I putted this cluster on production, I had some problems with
quota+ldap in my dovecot.

Here follows my configuration:

/etc/dovecot.conf

last_valid_gid = 101

maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = no

login_greeting = Internet ready.

disable_plaintext_auth = no

auth_default_realm =domain.com.br

protocol imap {

        mail_plugins = imap_quota quota

}

protocol lda {

        postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.com.br
<mailto:postmaster at domain.com.br>

        mail_plugins = quota

}

protocol pop3 {

        pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

        mail_plugins = quota

}

auth default_with_listener {

        mechanisms = plain login

        userdb ldap {

                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

        }

        passdb ldap {

                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

        }

        socket listen {

                master {

                        path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

                        mode = 0660

                        user = vmail

                        group = mail

                }

        }

}

plugin {

        quota = maildir

}

/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

user_attrs = mail,homeDirectory,,,,quota=quota=maildir:storage

user_filter =
(&(objectClass=VirtualMailAccount)(mail=%u)(accountActive=TRUE)(delete=F
ALSE))

I'm heaving heavy load of e-mails in this environment, so this problem
started to happen:

Almost all users have 100MB of quota, that's ok for us and we are
storing 102400 at our ldap. But, when I put this configuration working
on, all clients receive overquota messages.

If I'm using quota information in my ldap server, do I have to use this
option in my dovecot.conf file?

plugin {

        quota = maildir

}