[Dovecot] May 21 09:13:14 mail dovecot: imap-login: No authentication sockets found

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue May 22 20:39:42 EEST 2007

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
> Yes I knew I was authenticating against pam.  Didnt do an ls -l of the
> /var/run/dovecot.  Wouldnt a restart of dovecot fix that though?

Correct, the concept was *before* you restarted the daemon, to try and
capture as much info first. It's hard when you're under the gun and need
to restore services, but if it happens again I'd suggest scraping the
system for clues for a few minutes. (ls -laR important dirs like
/var/run/dovecot, ps -ef, maybe some lsof and lslk action, etc.)

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com