[Dovecot] need some help please

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 22 18:39:22 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen spake the following on 5/22/2007 5:38 AM:
> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 16:09 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
>> # Protocols we want to be serving: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
>> # If you only want to use dovecot-auth, you can set this to "none".
>> #protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
>> </quote>
>>
>> So this is NOT the default, although the conf file states such?
>
> Where did you get the config file? The default config file that comes in
> tarball is the same as in http://dovecot.org/doc/dovecot-example.conf
> and there's no pop3 in the protocols line. If some distribution changed
> that, it should be fixed.

This was from an RPM created in one of the CentOS add-on packagers.
I ran a dovecot -n against this being commented and un- commented and didn't
see any difference. The packager must have found a way to change the defaults.

Can that be done at compile time or could the code have been modified?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and