[Dovecot] May 21 09:13:14 mail dovecot: imap-login: No authentication sockets found

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 21 22:31:18 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 09:21 -0400, dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
wrote:
> I started getting this message this morning: May 21 09:13:14 mail
> dovecot: imap-login: No authentication sockets found
>
> Ive been runing dovecot on a fc6 dell poweredge 2950 for about 4 weeks
> now with no issues.  Im authenticating against openldap 2.3.27.  It
> appears ok.  I restarted ldap, and dovecot, and everything looked fine
> for a few minutes, then this started again.  I have around 720 users.
> Is there a setting in the dovecot.conf that I can use to fix this?  Or
> is the problem elsewhere?

What Dovecot version? The error message means that Dovecot's login_dir
(/var/run/dovecot/login) was cleaned. A few other people have been
having this problem, but I haven't yet found out any bugs in Dovecot
that would cause it. Except before v1.0.rc29 if you tried to start
Dovecot while it was already running it would do this.