[Dovecot] IMAP "freezing" on OSX

Ben Carter ben at saillune.net
Sun May 20 12:52:20 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 13:49 +0100, Ben Carter wrote:
>>   The problem /seems/ to often start as a result of trying to move
>> messages between folders. I'm not certain if that's a root cause,
>> though, or simply a consequence of "opening" an affected folder to
>> perform the move. I have a spam folder with a large number (>10000) of
>> messages in it, and trying to file stuff in there is a relatively
>> surefire way to generate the problem.
>
> Try if dotlock_use_excl=yes helps. That setting was made to fix hard
> linking problems with HFS.

  After a week or so of intensive testing, it appears that we have a winner!

  That does indeed seem to resolve the problem - whilst it was sporadic
to begin with, it generally only took a couple of days to manifest
itself, so I'm reasonably confident that it's gone away.

  Many thanks!
--
  Ben Carter - ben at gunk.demon.co.uk / ben at saillune.net (preferred)