[Dovecot] Maildir format migration

Bruce Bodger bbodger at bodcon.com
Thu May 17 14:40:40 EEST 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 3:47 AM, Tony Tsang wrote:

> I am planning to use dovecot IMAP on my server. Currently it is
> running UW-IMAP server with Maildir format storing users' mail. I've
> found that dovecot uses different Maildir format from UW-IMAP. Is
> there any configuration option for adapting dovecot to use format used
> by UW-IMAP?

I just finished conversion from UW-IMAP mbox to Dovecot Maildir using
only Dovecot's "convert" plug-in.  The plug-in worked far better than
other conversion scripts that I've tried such as perfect_maildir.pl
and mb2md.  It made the conversion totally automatic as each user
logged into their account.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins

Good luck,
B. Bodger