[Dovecot] Getting rid of the common newbie problems

Mick T sysadmin at webdock.com.au
Wed May 16 15:25:33 EEST 2007

Udo Rader wrote:
> I've upgraded our and come clients' dovecot installations multiple times, and
> to be honest I did not like the extensive documentation provided in the default
> configuration files. Saying 'I did not like it' does not mean that the information
> was useless, on the contrary, the amount was just overwhelming ...
>
> Sometimes too much information is ... too much :-)

I see what you're getting at, but personally i really like having plenty
of documentation in the config files. That way when you're editing the
config file, you can know exactly what you're doing and have good
descriptions right in front of you....

Of course this is no substitute for other documentation like manual/wiki etc

MT