[Dovecot] Time adjusting

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun May 13 16:46:28 EEST 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:05:14 +1000
Robert McKenzie <vk7rb at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have an option/variable in the config file to
> allow for easier setting of the maximum time to sleep for rather than
> having it hard coded or allow for adjustment up to an amount greater
> than 5 as it is at present but still have an upper limit hard coded.
>
> My system is regularly out on boot up by up to 7 seconds and
> consequently dovecot kills itself, if I restart it is fine and keeps
> going without a problem until the next reboot.

What OS are you employing? It would seem that you could adjust the
start order of Dovecot to fit your needs. I am running FreeBSD-6.2 and
I had to make several adjustments to get SASL, Dovecot, MySQL and
Postfix all starting in the correct order.

--
Gerard

Anything free is worth what you pay for it.