[Dovecot] Problems with BEFORE searches.

Trever Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:54:34 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> From IMAP RFC:
>
> search-key      = "ALL" / "ANSWERED" / "BCC" SP astring /
>                   "BEFORE" SP date / "BODY" SP astring /
> ..
> date            = date-text / DQUOTE date-text DQUOTE
> date-text       = date-day "-" date-month "-" date-year
>
> So you'll need to use "11-May-2007". It doesn't support time.

Tim, thank you. I am afraid I do not understand if the date is only
allowed as such why does python's imaplib convert the date as such?!?
Anyway, I understand that is a question for some place else. I hope
python has something like strtok or similar where I can tokenize the
first part out to be used.

Thank you very much.

Trever