[Dovecot] Duplicate emails with several clients

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:22:58 EEST 2007

Hi,
I'm using Centos 4.4 (which is redhat linux but free)  that comes with
dovecot-0.99.11-4.EL4.
I have done a clean reinstall of the server and I have users reporting
that everytime they hit "send/receive" in their outlook or outlook
express software, they get the same messages, as well as the new ones,
over and over again.

I use postfix + dovecot and only the pop3 protocol.
My dovecot.conf has the following relevant entries

default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
client_workarounds = oe6-fetch-no-newmail outlook-idle outlook-pop3-no-nuls
mbox_locks = fcntl

everything else is at default value.

Also, we do not upgrade dovecot because it is not part of the upstream
provider, and we do not want to break binary compatibility updates.

Thanks for your guidance.

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780