[Dovecot] wierd ssl-parameters.dat regeneration error

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Mon May 7 16:55:15 EEST 2007

On Tuesday, May  1 at 08:33 PM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
> I just had a strange problem with my Dovecot 1.0 installation. After about
> two weeks, it logged these messages:
>
>     dovecot: Error: ssl-build-param:
> rename(/usr/local/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat.tmp,
> /usr/local/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat) failed: No such     file or
> directory
>     dovecot: Error: child 30689 (ssl-build-param) returned error 89
>
> And thereafter, all login attempts resulted in this:
>
>     dovecot: Error: imap-login: read(ssl-parameters.dat) failed:
> Unexpected EOF
>     dovecot: Error: child 19036 (login) returned error 89

My problem seems to be recurrent - about once a week (whenever Dovecot
decides to regenerate the ssl-parameters.dat file), Dovecot goes belly
up.

If it helps, this didn't seem to happen with 1.0rc26, which is what I
was using before moving to 1.0.

Please, does *anyone* know what the problem might be?

~Kyle
--
Three things in human life are important.  The first is to be kind.
The second is to be kind.  And the third is to be kind.