[Dovecot] Switching from mailbox to maildir.. duplicates!

Lars Johansen lars at larsjohansen.org
Wed May 2 12:32:03 EEST 2007

Hi

We have been running a dovecot server for some time.. users connect with
pop.

Now this server is going to be substituted with a new one.. before we
used mbox, but now we will move to maildir!

I have done some testing transfering the mail with the mb2md script, the
conversion works correctly, but users gets duplicates since they
selected "keep mail on server"

I have googled for the problem, and set
pop3_reuse_xuidl=yes
and
pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv is the same on both servers.. but no luck.

My first tought was to script in an X-UIDL header for each mail that
was  converted.. but that wont work since the mail already downloaded by
the client didnt contain that header..

is there anyone that has some experience with this, or knows if its
possible?

Many Greetings,

Lars Johansen