[Dovecot] v1.1.alpha1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 20 00:02:52 EEST 2007

On 19.7.2007, at 23.53, Charles Marcus wrote:

>>> Where is single-instance-storage now on the roadmap? Is that a 2.0
>>> + feature? Or maybe 1.2 or 1.3?
>
>> It's a dbox feature, so probably v1.2, maybe even v1.1.
>
> Wheee! Cool... but two follow-ups if you don't mind...
>
> Is this going to initially be just for attachments? Or for the
> entire message (not a big deal if it is only attachments, as it is
> attachments I'm mostly concerned about)?

I think I'll make the dbox format itself support both, but at least
initially it's done only for attachments.

> Will conversion of an existing mail store take place automatically
> (as users are converted to dbox), or will there be a migration tool
> of some kind?

Convert plugin can be used to do that. I was thinking about making
maildir -> dbox conversion superfast by allowing the maildir files be
used directly as dbox files. Only when some dbox metadata needs to be
written the file will have to be rewritten into dbox format.