[Dovecot] NFS cache flush tester

Doug Council dcouncil at nethere.com
Thu Jul 12 01:06:09 EEST 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 22:21 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> http://dovecot.org/tools/nfstest.c
> I've done several updates for this. Updated results for Linux 2.6:

Different result this time:

Info: Connected: client
Info: O_EXCL works
Info: Testing attribute cache..
Fatal: open(/mnt/nfs/blah) failed: Stale NFS file handle

This is on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p5 and a NetApp NFS server.  I'm wondering
if it is the same issue with the NFS client cache that I had to workaround
in the past with dotlocking
(http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-May/022883.html).

Before I implement the same workaround, I wanted to check if it would
invalidate the test results assuming the workaround worked?

-Doug