[Dovecot] Mark E-Mail as read

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Thu Jul 5 18:16:27 EEST 2007

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:13:04 +0200 "Jens M." <yahoo at rheingau-media.com>
wrote:

> Ok, I'll take a look at it.
> Thank's a lot!
>
> Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> > On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 13:28 +0200, Jens M. wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> is there a way to configure Dovecot, so that it marks my e-mails as
> >> read, when I recieve them with pop3, but leave them on the server?
> >
> > It does that by default.
> >
> >   # Don't try to set mails non-recent or seen with POP3 sessions. This
> > is # mostly intended to reduce disk I/O. With maildir it doesn't move
> > files # from new/ to cur/, with mbox it doesn't write Status-header.
> >   #pop3_no_flag_updates = no

The "leaving on the server" bit is a CLIENT configuration issue and not
part of dovecot, the marking as read is the default as pointed out by
Timo.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services