[Dovecot] problem with quota

Wed Jul 4 19:10:05 EEST 2007

juan carlos, on 7/3/2007 11:12 PM, said the following:
> I have dovecot 1.0.rc15-2, postfix 2.3.8 and virtual users and domains
> installed in debian sarge, the users quota are not working.

Hi Juan,

The first thing to do would be to get dovecot upgraded to 1.0.1, but,
something you should be aware of - the VDA patch is considered 'not
good' by the postfix developers. From one of the threads on the postfix
users list back in February:

excerpt from:
http://www.howtoforge.org/virtual_users_postfix_courier_mailscanner_clamav_centos_p4

"The doco etc for the [VDA] patch makes it sounds like it does
everything you need. However when you actually inspect the code it is a
total debacle zone. There are numerous logic errors - the patch fails to
follow the Maildir++ specs, and will cause a ridiculous amount of
needless load on your server. Maildrop does everything correctly,
doesn't require the Postfix source code to be patched (which is good for
Postfix's security/reliability), and gives additional features like
quota warnings."

This was in response to the following question:

--

Best regards,

Charles