[Dovecot] Event on Logout

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 28 20:47:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 09:38 +0100, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Hi, @all!
>
> Is it possible, with Dovecot, to do something (eg: an SQL-Query) when the
> User logs out (POP3) or do some action (IMAP)?
>
> My problem is to notify a DB when the user logs out or delete E-Mail (in this
> case, just for IMAP).

http://wiki.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting

But instead of execing pop3 do something like:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
echo "update logged_out..." | mysql

Of course that means that there are now extra shell processes waiting
for users to log out.

As for deleting mails, there's currently no simple way to do it. You
could pretty easily modify mail-log plugin though. Some day in future
there will be some more generic "event plugin".