[Dovecot] 1.0rc_15 - imap-login disappearing

Ben Winslow rain at bluecherry.net
Wed Feb 28 17:12:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:00:57 +0000
James Pattinson <jamesp at hisser.org> wrote:

> It seems that my hardware clock is set incorrectly (one hour ahead), and
> ntp has been correcting my clock after every boot, which is what it
> should do. However, this ntp update was occurring AFTER dovecot starts.
>
> Correcting my clock has completely fixed it!

Interesting...  dovecot wouldn't be the first application to assume
that the time is monotonic and get Very Angry if it discovers that
it was wrong (ntpd will normally try to correct the time by very
slightly slowing down/speeding up the system clock for exactly this
reason, and some OSs make you jump through hoops to set the clock
backwards at all), but since dovecot is (very!) actively maintained,
I'd agree that it's a bug that should be fixed.

--
Ben Winslow <rain at bluecherry.net>