[Dovecot] 1.0.rc24 released / quota / trash / ignore

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Feb 23 13:12:42 UTC 2007

Charles Marcus schrieb:

>>> dovecot -n output is desired when showing dovecot config - it shows
>>> precisely what dovecot is using, in case somehow you miss something
>>> important or dovecot is somehow using a different config file than you
>>> think it is using...
>>>
>>> :)
>
>> sorry charles , but i know what iam using , trust me
>
> The point is, unless you are personal friends with the person you are
> asking (and if you are personl friends with Timo, and *he* trusts you to
> 'know what you are using', then I would say you shouldn't have asked on
> the list), trust is irrelevant.
>
> Trust me... ;)
>
>> but here it comes
>>
>> dovecot -n
>
> <snip>
>
>> so charles i cant see any difference to my prior mail
>
> The difference is, unless you copied/pasted badly, this output can be
> 'trusted' as the exact settings that dovecot is actually *using*, as
> opposed to a manually edited version from a .conf file that may or *may*
> *not* be the .conf file that dovecot is reading at startup. What if you
> had done something silly, and dovecot was actually using a different
> .conf file than you thought? It happens...
>
> Anyway, my apologies if you were offended, as none was intended...
>
> :)

Hi Charles, i agree,
your right with posting dovecot -n is the right way
( standart way )
i simply mail that much to tec list that i sometimes
miss this *g , cause mostly posted this sometime before,
but my meaning is that this should not be a reason not to help each
other finding bugs,
last time i had to post equals confs in another list  for 5 times, cause
some
people missed threads before *g, that was very boring
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards

Robert Schetterer