[Dovecot] 1.0.rc24 released

Bill Landry bill at inetmsg.com
Fri Feb 23 08:03:11 UTC 2007

Matthias Andree wrote the following on 2/22/2007 11:54 PM -0800:
> Marc Perkel schrieb:
>
>> Seems to be the best release yet. System load levels are at a record low.
>>
>> How's the docs coming? Definitely close to ready to be 1.0
>>

> Can people please stop prodding Timo to a 1.0 release?
>
> It's outright annoying and offensive if many people gather in the lobby
> and shout for 1.0, of which many will just see the outside (how it
> behaves) but not the inside (the code itself).
>
> It's 1.0 if it's done, and I hope not a day sooner.

For what it's worth, I couldn't agree more.  Please trust that Timo will
release Dovecot 1.0 when HE believes it's ready, and hopefully not
before.  Too often I have run supposed release ready software that
should never have been released from beta or release candidate, and
suffered the consequences because of it.  Doing that also sets up the
developer with a bad reputation for release buggy code, and thus
everyone waits for someone else to try out new releases first before
upgrading themselves.

Bill