[Dovecot] Patch (Re: Different classes of user)

John Robinson john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk
Sun Feb 18 12:57:18 UTC 2007

On 14/02/2007 19:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 19:17 +0000, John Robinson wrote:
>> I propose to amend the syntax of the PAM service name in dovecot.conf,
[...]
> I think I'll add the %c variable and than allow the PAM service name to
> contain %variables. So you can then use eg. "dovecot%c" as the service
> name and it expands to "dovecot" / "dovecotsecure" or something.
[...]
> In auth_request_import() check if key contains "secured". If it does,
> it's SSL/TLS. Add such bitfield to struct auth_request. Then use it in
> the PAM code.

Something like the attached? I've done both the %c patch myself (it
expands to "secured") and sent the service name for expansion. It
appears to work for me (I successfully used "dovecot%3c" with PAM files
dovecot and dovecotsec), but I'd be very grateful if you'd look it over
and see if there are any horrible errors in it - and if it's not too
bad, feel free to include it in the distribution.

Cheers,

John.