[Dovecot] LDAP auth load? (looking for advice)

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Feb 18 12:07:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 08:51:00AM -0800, Troy Engel wrote:
[...]
> Mainly what has me concerned is that on the Dovecot machine, I'm getting
> a number of entries in the messages that look like:
>
>   dovecot-auth: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server...
>   dovecot-auth: nss_ldap: reconnected to LDAP server after 1 attempt(s)
>
> No failures ever, it all just works. But still this tickles my brain
> that maybe it'll need more robustness come production time.

By the way LDAP auth:

We have serious problem with LDAP auth in Dovecot before rc18 or such:
though it turned out it sould be an OpenLDAP problem instead (but we can't
change the server). I've got an own stretch test, which does quite large
amount of POP3 sessions in paralell: before rc18 only after some seconds,
some fault was occured and dovecot auth starts blocking further requests.
I've tested rc22 some days ago: I can't detect a single failure anymore :)

--
- Gábor