[Dovecot] Bug tracking system

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 16 22:01:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 22:53 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > But why? If all you're doing is just adding a new bug, what's the point
> > of verifying the email address? It's just annoying to the user.
>
> Don't you want feedback? Therefore an email address should be
> mandatory. And if you don't verify it then you either have bogus
> emails or Joe jobs.
>
> You can't have the whole pie and the dog fed (old greek saying ;)

If someone bothers to report a bug, I doubt he/she gives a bogus email
address. And if he does, the alternative is probably that the bug
wouldn't be reported at all. Which I think is worse than getting bogus
bug reports.

And to make it even less likely to get bogus addresses, I added "Show
the address only to admins" to http://dovecot.org/tmp/bug.html