[Dovecot] Bug tracking system

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 16 15:02:25 UTC 2007

On Friday February 16, 2007 at 07:20:17 (AM) Johannes Berg wrote:

> I much prefer bugzilla over mantis. Mantis is almost as bad as the
> SF.net tracker in that it always sends out junk via email, can't be used
> via email, and needs a username/password to log in. Count me out.

Forcing the reporter to be a registered user is a good thing. I worked
on a project for awhile where it seemed that every jerk would submit
some sort of report. The reports were usually incomplete and since there
were no accounts linked to the reports, there was no way to contact the
OP. In my opinion, if the bug-reporter cannot take the time to register,
then they can just keep their bug-reports to themselves.

Just my 2¢.

--
Gerard