[Dovecot] domain truncated

Nemanja Miletic conekg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:08:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem with domain information being truncated from username
during ldap search, so it can not be used in mail_location. This
happens when user part of the username %n is used in pass_filter in
passdb ldap search. When I use %u all username information remains and
mailbox can be located.

Here is my configuration.

In dovecot.conf I have two locations one for system and one for virtual users:
mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%n
mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/vdom/%d/%n

Also two configurations for passdb:
  passdb ldap {
    args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  }

  passdb ldap {
    args = /etc/dovecot-ldap-virt.conf
  }

Here info is searched in ldap: /etc/dovecot-ldap-virt.conf
base = dc=%d,ou=Virtual Domains,dc=eunet,dc=yu
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))

And the line in log file stating that maildir can not be located:

mkdir(/var/spool/mail/vdom//cone/cur) failed: Permission denied

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Thank You,
Nemanja