[Dovecot] I keep getting password mismatches

Mark markg852 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:56:22 UTC 2007

Hey,

This is the debug information:
auth(default): client in: AUTH     1       PLAIN   service=IMAP    secured lip=127.0.0.1   rip=127.0.0.1   resp=AG1hcmsAbWFyaw==auth(default): passwd(mark,127.0.0.1): password mismatchauth(default): client out: FAIL    1       user=markimap-login: Disconnected: user=<mark>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

The strange thing is that i can login with ssh using my username and password but i can`t do anything related to dovecot..
i`m using a default .conf file with auth method set as plain and the supported protocols are set to pop and imap..

anyone that could help me with this?
Thanx in favor.