[Dovecot] 1.0.rc22 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 15 12:09:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 16:46 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >> It doesn't expunge any mails, so no. But RETRed messages are marked with
> >> \Seen flag now, previously they weren't. POP3 spec doesn't say anything
> >> about seen flags, and I think this way might be better.
>
> I wonder if this change does good - on the other hand, given that
> Dovecot does not allow querying the "LAST" message which was removed
> several POP3 revisions ago, it will probably not harm fetchmail which
> will fall back to UIDL if LAST does not work.

Dovecot does support LAST optionally, but is it even then a problem?
Looking at RFC1081 it still seems that LAST should return the highest
RETRed message, regardless of whether the connection was QUIT or not.

RSET command then.. Currently I'm rollbacking the transaction there. I'm
not sure if it's wanted or not. If LAST is enabled it doesn't matter
anyway, since all the \Seen flags are removed. So I guess I'll change
the code so it doesn't rollback with LAST enabled since it only loses
cache data.