[Dovecot] Is it 1.0 yet?

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Feb 14 08:44:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:46:19PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> OK - my last main bug was fixed a few releases ago. I know that there's
> no end to getting things right but there comes a point when you need to
> call it done. No one trusts a 1.0 to be perfect but Dovecot is already
> better that most 2.0 versions of other software.

I only wish that dovecot would be able to use LDAP with
reconnecting/rebinding before each authentication request: as I've mailed
before, this is an issue for us, other softwares seems to work (because they
reconnects each time, like ldap auth of squid for example). Ok, this may be
a bug of OpenLDAP, I know ...

--
- Gábor