[Dovecot] PAM, NSS, and a new blocking=yes setting

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue Feb 13 03:18:41 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> This blocking=yes will probably work great with NSS. With PAM I'm not so
> sure. Mostly because the worker never exits, it just does one PAM auth

Timo, can you clarify this a little more about why you're not sure? By
that I mean for those of us using PAM and nss_ldap, what's our risk
level going from rc22 to rc23 and chances something may blow up in our
face by accident?

This seems like a fairly substantial change to be making to a code
branch that's in RC status, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. :)

thanks,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer