[Dovecot] Problem moving emails with attachments or HTML links

J. Wren Hunt wren at hunt.org
Fri Feb 9 12:48:27 UTC 2007

I recently switched from UW-IMAP to Dovecot (1.0.rc15 on Ubuntu) and am
experiencing a weird problem that I haven't been able to figure out yet:

If I try to move a message from one IMAP folder to another, all works
fine if the message is plain text. However, *sometimes* the message will
not be transferred if it contains either an attachment and/or an HTML
link (operation times-out). Not all the time, but just enough to be
annoying. I've looked through the logs and for settings in the .conf
file and can't find anything obvious that I've overlooked. Can anyone
help me with any parameters that might be causing this type of problem?
Thanks so much!

Wren Hunt
Cambridge, MA