[Dovecot] Indexing Performance Question (was tpop3d vs dovecot)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 6 14:05:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 14:11 +0100, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Shouldn't it be "...ymmv.de:2,W=1234" to conform with the Maildir++ spec?

No, everything after :2, are flags. So that would mean that there are
flags 'W', '=', '1', '2', '3' and '4'.

Dovecot however supports some kind of "extra flag fields" even though
they're not maildir standard and other maildir clients could mess them
up. You could have:

ymmv.de:2,,W=1234

Normal message flags would go between the commas. Or at least I think
that would work, don't remember the last time I tested it.